Voting on warrant articles shall be conducted by official ballot to be held at Londonderry High School Gymnasium on the 8th day of March, 2016. Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Article 7 School District Charter Amendment
Shall the school district vote to amend the Londonderry School District Charter to remove the quorum requirement for amendments at the School District Meeting by amending the following sections of the Charter?
1. Delete Section IV.C. that reads:
“C. “Quorum of the meeting” shall mean 4% of registered voters or 500 voters, whichever is less at the first session of an annual or special meeting.” And, re-letter the subsections accordingly.
2. In Section VI.A.2, delete the last sentence that reads:
“A quorum of the meeting will not be required to make such an amendment.”
3. In Section VI.A.5, in the third sentence delete “of a quorum”.
4. In Section VII.B.1, delete: “, regardless of whether a quorum of the meeting is present at the meeting”.
5. Delete Section VII.B.2 that reads:
“2. In order for the meeting to amend any warrant article, including the operating budget, a quorum of the meeting must vote and a majority of those voting must vote in the affirmative on said amendment to the warrant article.”
6. In Section VII.B.5, delete “of a quorum of the meeting the” and insert a “,” in its place.
7. Renumber the subparagraphs in Section VII.B. accordingly.
(Estimated Tax Impact $0.00)
Voted by the School Board: 5 YES, 0 NO
If approved by voters at the March 2016 annual meeting, this will put the school charter in compliance with the court order. We feel such an important public document, as the charter, should be updated since it regulates the annual budget process, the voting of annual budget and any other articles.